Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Formative Stages of Unrelenting Brutality!!!

This thing is finally starting to look like a blog. The last post even received a comment! As promised, here are some pictures of what I have built so far.

First, here's 60% of my assault squad, assembled using GW's Armour Through the Ages collector's set. From left to right, mk2 'Crusade' armor, mk3 'Iron' armor, and mk4 'Maximus' armor. Note the Rogue Trader-era turbine jump pack in the foreground. I wisely ordered five back when they available from GW, but in retrospect I should have gotten at least 20 since they're no longer available. Bummer.


Next, we've got some tactical legionnaires, made from a mix of Loyalist and Chaos parts. They both have fixed bayonets for the inevitable charge into glorious (and brutal) close combat. I'm particularly psyched about the one on the left as he not only has a mk3 helmet (from the Iron Warriors box), he also has a chainsaw bayonet! This isn't meant as some homage to Gears of War, though. That particular bit dates back to 1987 and the first ever box of plastic Space Marines (RTB01 - affectionately known as the "beakies") produced by GW! Back then, you got 30 marines for $30.00! I have to extend my deepest thanks to my friend Ryan for providing me with some ancient and excellent bitz.


A shot of Brother Choppy all by himself:


In the grim darkness of the far future, excessive chainsaws lift everyone's spirits (and turn one's enemies into a fine red mist).

If I can locate a can of white primer, I may even have some painting pics for next week!

No comments: